"The word of God is the greatest, most necessary, most important thing in Christendom. Without the external Word we would not know one spirit from another...Let the man who would hear God speak, read Holy Scripture." - Martin Luther

Monday, February 28, 2005

"But Is He Real"...?

One sweet Saturday night hangin with my buddy Dave at the Wild Horse Inn. Not only was the ’ship food for the soul, but the beverage we partook of was everything God made taste buds for. Anything named Corsendonk has to be good!
As we were huddled together, minding our own business in this trendy, hip sort of classy joint in Beverly, enjoying discussion about the God of all creation…all of a sudden this woman taps us on the shoulder and asks “what in the world are you guys so intensely talking about”? My first reaction in my mind was “are we that loud”? We really weren’t. But somehow, she was drawn into our little roundtable. As I quickly thought about her question I simply told her the truth. “Jesus Christ” I said to her. She sort of unexpectedly stepped back and began to process that one…(I can’t imagine for a moment she got dressed that evening, drove up to Beverly from Boston to meet some friends and even once considered that she would soon meet 2 guys talking “so intensely” about Jesus Christ!) We continued to ask her if she knew of ANYONE who could match the glory, beauty, wisdom of Jesus Christ and the way He interacted with people of all sorts and what He accomplished in His death and resurrection for people like us? She conceded with a puzzled “no”. We continued to fill her in on our conversation. And then came her million $ question:
“But is He real”?

Now please, take a moment to think upon the truth and implications of that most profound question from a woman, all dolled-up on a Saturday night, with maybe no place to go…!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicki Corridoni said...

hey thanks for the Sovereign Grace reccomendation. I've been meaning to check into tehm. I like their worship. Umm...Is it possible I know you?
I like your list of links.

8:10 PM

 
Blogger Dave said...

loved the hang Danny, truly a night for the ages...hope there's more to come

9:19 PM

 
Blogger Nicki Corridoni said...

Yes, been meaning to check out Messio Dei for a while. I was just wondering if I knew you because my Christian circles span into the coastal MA areas.

very nice to meet you

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Josh O. said...

Hey Danny,
Dave told me about your time at Wildhorse this weekend. Amazing the things that happen around a good brew! Hope to join you next time you're in town. By the way, Heidi and I had a great time a couple of weeks ago when we dropped Dave off. We'd love to get together soon. Maybe to go visit Mission Dei.

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home