"The word of God is the greatest, most necessary, most important thing in Christendom. Without the external Word we would not know one spirit from another...Let the man who would hear God speak, read Holy Scripture." - Martin Luther

Monday, August 15, 2005

What's your initial reaction? Honest...

When you hear the words: "...with all my heart and with all my soul" what do you immediately think of? Your answer may be very telling, perhaps wether you are too man-centered in your approach to Christianity...

Do you think of these words FIRST as to how you are suppose to love God (but really don't) or do you consider, in the first place, God's incredible love toward you in Christ? Does your recognized failure to love God as you ought lead you to rest in the His unchanging love for you?

Hear Jermiah 32:38-41:
"They shall be My people, and I will be their God; and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them. "I will make an everlasting covenant with them that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; and I will put the fear of Me in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Me. "I will rejoice over them to do them good and will faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul.

and don't forget 1 John 4.10: "In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

Remember which is the root and which is the fruit!!
O, to taste the love of God in Christ! May your soul be ravished by the height, width, length and breadth of the love of God in Christ!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zoanna said...

My honest first reaction is definitely about me and how I know I don't love God with all my heart and soul. In fact, the word that popped into my head was "impossible." I had never seen that Jer. 32 verse about God planting us ...with all His heart and soul." Thanks for pointing it out.

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home