"The word of God is the greatest, most necessary, most important thing in Christendom. Without the external Word we would not know one spirit from another...Let the man who would hear God speak, read Holy Scripture." - Martin Luther

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

God is for Kids too...

Had a great time this Sunday hanging with 6 children (ages 3-11) in Children's Ministry. We are taking them through a course on the names of God. We are at week 19, so my lesson was actually a recap of the previous 18 weeks. Alot for adults, let alone these little minds and hearts.
Nonetheless, we took a look together at a passage that sort of rolls all the names of God ( 700+ in the Bible) into one...
"I AM Who I AM" (Exodus 3.1-14)

Here's the skinny on our time together. Do realize I attempted to put these terms in appropriate language by word and demonstration. (I used a dragon fly, a stuffed toy bunny and a napkin to light on fire, but forgot the lighter, so we scratched it). Back to the skinny:

1. The God of providence (not RI)
2. The communicating God
3. The God of the impossible
4. The God who calls people by name
5. The Holy God
6. The God of all generations
7. The God who terrifies man
8. The gracious God (He speaks and acts in good ways to those who deserve bad)
9. The God of pity
10. The condescending God
11. The all-powerful God
12. The redeeming God
13. The God who sends
14. The God who saves
15. The God and Father of Jesus Christ, who was sent to save sinners like me, you, us

"I AM Who I AM" is His Memorial Name...an ocean for our hearts and minds to swim in...

4 Comments:

Blogger peg said...

I thank God for your heart to feed our little ones such grand truths, bro!!

10:10 AM

 
Blogger meljoy said...

sounds cool, if only my son knew what all that stuff was... hmmm, if only I knew what all that stuff was...

-mel

10:43 AM

 
Blogger Daddy, Manf and Bean said...

Mel
thanks for coming by and checkin things out. poke around the site...you may just come to learn like so many others of us have. God is real...learn of Him from the Bible...for yourself. Like me, I know you will be amazed at the wonder, beauty and goodness of God in Jesus. Check out my post in February 28 "But is He Real?"
I will pray for you and your son.
hope to have you back...
DAO

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Russell said...

Hey Bro,

I don't kow if you'll ever scroll back through your posts to see this late comment, but I thought I would drop a link on you for your review. Check out this blog:
http://www.tonykummer.com/
Tony has a lot of conversation going on about the gospel and children.

9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home