"The word of God is the greatest, most necessary, most important thing in Christendom. Without the external Word we would not know one spirit from another...Let the man who would hear God speak, read Holy Scripture." - Martin Luther

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Dad on Isaiah 53

This pen & ink by my Dad is the first of 12 from Isaiah 53. Each print captures the text of scripture within it.
Thanks Pappa for your eternal encouragement! You are a real father in the faith.
Here is his webpage of the entire collection.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you Lord???
as your mouth is left wide open...

And mercy shouts in His blood
and
you are left with what you dont deserve, ..and hear,

'you will be with me in Paradise'

Who are You Christ Jesus???

8:58 PM

 
Blogger Daddy, Manf and Bean said...

Right on Pop.
Can you imagine...we will be with Him!...not in this world only...but in Paradise!
WOW!

9:27 PM

 
Blogger Josh O. said...

Tolkien described the incarnation and the crucifixion as a Eucatastrophe...an unthinkable tragedy that, against all odds and at immeasurable cost, climaxes in hope and redemption. This is Isaiah 53.

Miss you brother.

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Daddy, Manf and Bean said...

Josh,
great thought. I wonder how many people think of the incarnation and crucifixion as an "unthinkable tragedy"? If we were more God-centered we would consider God before man...and the manifold benefits man recieves from His merciful Maker! Such condescention just blows me away! "Stoop to my weakness, mighty as Thou art, and make me love Thee as I ought to love". God is that glorious.
- we'll catch up in due time my brother.
DAO

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home